Monday, March 05, 2007

Carl Malone - 90 Years Young

This past weekend, I went up to Roseville with my dad and brother Rob to see my grandfather, Carl Malone for his 90th birthday. Rob's daughter and my kids came along too. It's a bit of a long drive for young kids (about an hour and a half) up to Roseville, but it was worth the drive. My grandfather is the only living great-grandparent for my kids, so it's a special occasion and a chance to get some four-generation photos (see below). My dad claims there is a five-generation photo with me as a baby, but I haven't seen it yet. He says he'll look for it.

My grandfather lives with his life partner, Lois. They've been together over 10 years now and seem really happy together. Eventually, I'll have to blog some more about my grandfather. He's a good man who has lived an interesting life.

It's always nice going there with my dad and kids. It's not often that you get that kind of multi-generational view of things. And, the kids seemed to have a great time.

No comments: