Saturday, March 10, 2007

Wine Review Widget on Widgetbox



This week Vino2Vino published their first wine widget on Widgetbox. It's really neat, because the Wine Review Widget can be configured to do many different things simply by changing a few of the widget parameters. Click to read more about this new wine review widget.

Rather than show you all of the things you can do with this widget, I thought I'd just use it to highlight a wine which I had last week and really enjoyed.


It's the 2003 Renwood Old Vine Zinfandel. It's from Amador County and is a good value at around $13 a bottle. I enjoyed it with spicy Mexican food, and the full, sweet flavor of the Renwood was a wonderful match with the spicy food. I didn't fully understand what people mean when they say "jammy" to describe a wine until I had this one. It cut through the spiciness and still had a rich fruity flavor. I finished the bottle the next day, and it was still quite nice. I thought it was going to be overly sweet, but it wasn't.


Rather than use an image for this post (my norm), I'm using the new widget. Go ahead, click on the wine label and see what happens. You can find places to buy the wine or discover other wines with similar characteristics.


No comments: